[SunHELP] SMC Authentication Weirdness?

Derek Warren dwarren at acheron.trideja.com
Mon Oct 28 21:37:18 CST 2002

I have an Ultra 1 and an SS20 that I've been trying to get to act as
a diskless server and client, respectively.  I'm using a fresh
install of Solaris 9 on the Ultra but when I run smosservice (or
smdiskless, or smlog...) and authenticate wither as a privileged user
or as root, I'm refused like so:

Login to host.name as user root was successful.
Authentication failed to the Solaris Management Console server: host.name

I tried to give root extra privileges through wbemadmin but no such luck.

Of course, I'm *supposed* to be able to just install the diskless
client services through WBEM/SMC (blech) but there are no services to
add.. did I miss something really, really big here? :)  I even did a
fresh installation using the 'Entire Distribution plus 64-bit
support' set.

Any pointers, tips or clue bats would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Derek
--

    Derek Warren / derek at trideja.com / http://www.trideja.com/