[SunHELP] reboot hang problem

swangchuk at nyse.com swangchuk at nyse.com
Fri Oct 25 09:30:20 CDT 2002

Greg,
You are absolutely right. The ttya-ignore-cd is set to false. I will make
the settings and reboot it tonight.
Thank you very much for you help.
O BTW, you can ignore those messages at the end ;^>

I'm also cc'ing the sunhelp mailing list to let everyone know just in case
they come across this problem.
Thank you Greg and all of you.

                       Greg
                       <gonufer at yah      To:     swangchuk at nyse.com
                       oo.com>           cc:
                                         Subject:     Re: [SunHELP] reboot hang problem
                       10/25/2002
                       01:10 AM

On 10/24/2002 11:40 AM, swangchuk at nyse.com wrote:
> You will notice that there is a gap in time from 14:07 to 14:24, that was
> time when I consoled in through the serial port.

You mean the part _right after_ where the serial driver attaches?  You have

the nvram variable ttya-ignore-cd set to true or false?  I'd guess it's set

to false and that's why the system is waiting for carrier on the console
device before it will continue.  "man eeprom".

> Note:  The information contained in this message and any attachment to it

Yeah, right.

-greg

Note:  The information contained in this message and any attachment to it
is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the reader
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to
the message, and please delete it  from your system. Thank you.  NYSE.