[SunHELP] help Problems with nfsmounts (hummingbird nfs client)

Joe Pampel joe at ardsley.com
Fri Oct 18 07:23:55 CDT 2002

We set this up a while back so I may be rusty.. I think I had to DL PCNFSD
from sunfreeware.  Mine's in usr/local/sbin.. in any event it runs on the unix
server.
You need to export the drive you want to share (in etc/dfs/dfstab)  and you
have to make sure nfs.server is running.
HCLNFSD is the part of the PC client for this app. I think it's an erroneous
error
probably coming out bc pcnfsd is not running.
To start PCNFSD each time the server reboots, just add a startup script to
rc3.d. Mine looks like:

M5# cat S16pcnfsd
#!/bin/sh
/usr/local/sbin/rpc.pcnfsd

hth

Joe

>>> jh <jh at r2r.de> 10/18/02 08:07AM >>>
Hello,
I have a problem with Solaris 8 nfs-server and hummingbird (nfs-client).

On PC`s is hummingbird nfs-client running.
I can see the filesystems shared by the nfs-server
If I want to mount the Ffilesystems I get a failure-message:
                     HCLNFSD not running
                     PCNFSD not running
# ps  -ef shows, that both processes are not running. Not on the server
and even not on the client.

O.k. I believe I should start this both processes!
But where? On the server or on the hummingbird client?
How to start this processes?
Wat`s to do to get these processes startet every time the host is
rebooted?
--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Jens Hamann
Unix Consultant

R2R Informations- und Kommunikations AG
Anzengruberstr. 12    D-83101 Rohrdorf
Tel: +49-8032-9899-0 Fax: +49-8032-9899-29
http://www.r2r.de     mailto:jhamann at r2r.de
SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org