[SunHELP] help Problems with nfsmounts (hummingbird nfs client)

William Enestvedt Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Fri Oct 18 07:16:10 CDT 2002

> I have a problem with Solaris 8 nfs-server and hummingbird
> (nfs-client).

   Which Hummingbird product? NFS Maestro, or Exceed, or something else?

> If I want to mount the Ffilesystems I get a failure-message:
>                      HCLNFSD not running
>                      PCNFSD not running
>
> O.k. I believe I should start this both processes!
> But where? On the server or on the hummingbird client?

   Well, PCNFSD would run on a Solaris host, but if you have Hummingbird NFS
Maestro, then the PC should run the NFS services. The script
/etc/rc3.d/S15nfs.server on the Solaris host will start the NFS server
processes; however, I don't know what else you need to enable on the PC
client.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt