[SunHELP] Mailhost problem

Ben Ricker bricker at wellinx.com
Fri Nov 22 08:33:48 CST 2002

For some reason, the sendmail installed with Solaris 8 uses 'mailhost'
as the name of its MTA when sending emails from the box destined for
other boxes. I always put an entry for 'mailhost.domain.com' with the IP
for my LAN's mail server in the /etc/hosts file and everything works
fine. One year later, we changed the mial server IP and I forget about
the kludge and them lose a lot of mail.

Anyway, my question is: how can one change where sendmail looks for its
next forwarder at? I cannot seem to find it.....

thanks,

Ben Ricker