[SunHELP] X Windows question..

Joe Pampel joe at ardsley.com
Wed Nov 20 15:10:16 CST 2002

Hi -

I have a (hopefully!) simple problem. I have a user who is configured
on our E3500 (Solaris 8) to run Xwindows session remotely (on the lan
though) and now we created a new user in a test environment on the same
box but this user does not have X Windows permissions and needs them.
Someone prior to me (and smarter than me, of course!) set this all up
and I know just less than (favorite euphemism goes here) about
Xwindows.. Doing some googling got me to look for a .xauth file but how
do I generate one? My man pages aren't coughing up anything and I don't
even know what the executable is called or where it lives. Things are
bad.
Anyone have a favorite link or other advice? Thanks for any pointers! I
have 3 different Nix/Solaris books and none of them has a word about
xwindows... argh!

- Joe