[SunHELP] PDASync and USB Palm device on non-USB U30

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Fri May 31 10:24:29 CDT 2002

On Fri, 31 May 2002, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> The U30 has no USB port, is it possible to add a USB
> PCI card to the U30? Any recommendations on
> models/prices to expect?

Any standard OHCI USB card should work.  I got mine (a 2-port) for $20 at
Fry's about 2 years ago.  Most cards should be OHCI these days, but a good
sign is one that claims it will work on Macs without extra drivers.

> (BTW I haven't gotten Solaris 9 media kit yet, has
> anyone else? I'm really curious about the compiler question...)

It is downloadable now (finally!).  Haven't had time to do an install,
maybe this weekend.

-James