[SunHELP] OT: SAN Opinions

Jarrett Carver solarboyz1 at hotmail.com
Thu May 30 15:45:12 CDT 2002

We are looking are building a SAN starting out with at least 40TB, to be
used for an Oracle Database. We have plans on using around 6 Sun's (looking
at the V880) for the Oracle Servers.

Since this will be the first SAN I have been involved with I am personally
getting up to speed on all the details involved, I have the book Building
Storage Networks second edition and am looking over other articles online.
That is good for the basics.

What I am looking for from list members is opinons on mass storage vendors,
pitfalls to watch out for, and any other tips that might be helpful.

Thanks.

Jarrett Carver           http://www.geocities.com/solarboyz1
solarboyz1 at hotmail.com   Unix/NT Systems Administrator
"When people sigh 'Life is hard', I am always tempted to
ask 'compared to what?'".
               - Sydney Harris