[SunHELP] another newbieQuestion everythings go in nohup.out

Simon Jespersen shj at pine.dk
Fri May 24 06:12:08 CDT 2002

i have one solaris v880 server. Runing solaris 8 with all requiered patches.
But there are strange thinks happening on that server. When we run a server
solution software normally it will log to spedief logfile by the
application. The daemons are started in nohup & mode.

normally the application logs to /var/adm/servervice.log but here
erverythink goes into the nohup.out file. It is the only server i have seen
that, it does not happens other places.

i have compared the syslog..conf wither others and did not find any
diffrent.  It seems like solaris on that server treads std.out std.in
diffrent but does not have the experience to look for it.

Can anybody on this list help me out here.
Simon Jespersen
Project engineer
Pine Tree Systems A/S
Damhaven 5d