[SunHELP] How to send a break from a IOLAN terminal concentrator

P Nutton Paul.Nutton at awe.co.uk
Fri May 24 04:04:16 CDT 2002

Hi,

We have got hold of a Chase IOLAN+Rack 16 port communication server from
Black Box (badged by Black Box) which we wish to use as a terminal
concentrator with a bunch of Netras. We have made cables to do the twisted
pair to twisted pair serial connection and can watch the post and login at
console via the communication server. What we can't do is send a break to a
netra to get to the OK> prompt.

Anyone know what the magic incantation is? We have the latest firmware for
the box and have tried all of the combinations of the software settings for
sending a break. The trusty Wyse terminal can send a break without a
problem.

Thanks
--
Paul Nutton

The information in this email and in any attachment(s) is commercial in confidence. If you are not the named addressee(s) or if you receive this email in error then any distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.  Please notify us immediately by email at intadmin at awe.co.uk, and then delete this message from your computer.  While attachments are virus checked, AWE plc does not accept any liability in respect of any virus which is not detected.