[SunHELP] (U//FOUO) fsck problems after ufsrestore

Ives Keith M Cont AFIWC/IOT Keith.Ives at LACKLAND.AF.MIL
Thu May 23 13:19:03 CDT 2002

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Security Control Marking: FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY

I am trying to build an Ultra 2 from level 0 dump.
I newfs all partitions (4), did ufsrestore, and fsck when done.
Installed the bootblk and booted.

During boot, the following warning appears:
	fsck warning:  the following command (process 33) was terminated by
	signal 11 and dumped core
		fsck -F  ufs  -o  p  /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s1    (var)
	Autoreboot ....
When I boot cdrom and fsck manually, the partition is clean.  I performed
the ufsrestore
a second time on this partition (same tape), fsck clean, same results.  I
even ran the fsck command
above... and it comes back clean.

The differences between the new and old box:  OBP is newer (on new) and /var
resided on
a different target (t1) on the old box.  I have changed the vfstab to
reflect the new targets.
The OS is 2.5.1

Keith Ives
System Administrator