[SunHELP] Solaris Companion installation

Tue May 21 12:38:33 CDT 2002

Hello,

I'm new in here, and I swear I have gone through the FAQs and mailing list
archive before asking this:

I have downloaded the massive Solaris Software Companion .iso file from
sun.com to install in my Ultra 10.
The md5 checksum is ok. Then I used (As suggested in man lofiadm):

lofiadm -a /path/s8ccd-2_02-sparc.iso /dev/lofi/1
mount -F hsfs -o ro /dev/lofi/1 /mnt

I can navigate the iso image through /mnt successfully. But when I use the
installer or pkgadd to install packages the following messages appear for
all packages and nothing is installed:

</mnt/components/sparc/Packages/SFWxxxx/install/copyright> is corrupt
file chksum <xxxxxx> expected <0> actual
</mnt/components/sparc/Packages/SFWxxxx/install/depend> is corrupt
file chksum <xxxxxx> expected <0> actual

These files are a bunch of empty lines if I cat them.

Did anyone else see this before? Could anyone help me figure this out?

Thanks a lot for any help,

Fabio Martinelli Duarte
IT Consultant