[SunHELP] E3500 - D1000 connection problems

DAUBIGNE Sebastien - BOR ( SDaubigne@bordeaux-bersol.sema.slb.com ) SDaubigne at bordeaux-bersol.sema.slb.com
Thu May 16 09:04:14 CDT 2002

See :
http://sunsolve.sun.com/data/805/805-4866/pdf/003.pnote.pdf
<http://sunsolve.sun.com/data/805/805-4866/pdf/003.pnote.pdf>  .
http://sunsolve.sun.com/data/805/805-2624/pdf/008.overview.pdf
<http://sunsolve.sun.com/data/805/805-2624/pdf/008.overview.pdf>

For each half of the D1000, disks ID are numbered 0-5 with switch down and
8-13 with switch up.

To connect every disk on a single SCSI channel you should set switch 1 to
"up" and switch 2 to "down" (or reverse), so that SCSI ID will be 0-5 for
the first disks set, and 8-13 for the second set.

Option Switchs are :

1 - Right-most disks ID (down=0-5;up=8-13)
2 - Left-most disks ID (down=0-5;up=8-13)
3 - Drives remote start
4 - Drives Delayed Start
5 - Reserved

Switch 1 is on the right-most switch.

---
Sebastien DAUBIGNE
sdaubigne at bordeaux-bersol.sema.slb.com <mailto:sebastien.daubigne at sema.fr>
- (+33)5.57.26.56.36
SchlumbergerSema - Sema Global Services - DW/Pessac