[SunHELP] Cron stopped running

Ben Ricker bricker at wellinx.com
Wed May 15 15:16:19 CDT 2002

I have a problem with a Netra X1 running Sun OS 5.8.

Root cron has stopped running and I cannot get cron logging to work,
either. I had this problem with another box which turned out to be
password aging. I checked this box and password aging is off for root.

I cannot seem to figure out how to explicitely turn on logging for cron.
I tried creating the a /var/cron/log and /var/adm/cron/log files (Sys
Admin book said that "some systems" start logging if they find the file
in one of those two places) but they are still at 0 bytes.

I have restarted cron a number of times. Any ideas?

Ben Ricker