[SunHELP] Sending break sequence from minicom/Linux

Mahantesh mantu_v at softhome.net
Sat Jul 20 04:15:42 CDT 2002

Hi,
one of my Sparcstation5 did not allow me to login via SSH. It does not
have keyboard or monitor. The reason why it did not allow connections
was /var fs is full. So I wanted it to boot in single user mode and
wanted to clear /var logs. I coonected a Linux system through serial A
port. Used "Minicom" in Linux to get the login prompt of
Sparcstation5(SS5) system. But as there is no Keyboard attached to the
SS5, I wanted to send break sequence and get ok prompt. But even after
pressing "break" on Linux system while SS5 is reboting it is not going
to ok prompt. Can anyone  please tell me what keys I have to press to
get the ok prompt in minicom.

Thanks.
Mahantesh.