[SunHELP] Problem with TCP socket connections

DAUBIGNE Sebastien - BOR ( SDaubigne@bordeaux-bersol.sema.slb.com ) SDaubigne at bordeaux-bersol.sema.slb.com
Tue Jul 16 05:16:36 CDT 2002

The TIME_WAIT interval is part of the TCP protocol (as stated in the related
RFC).

However, the delay is tunable via the tcp module variable
"tcp_close_wait_interval" (use ndd or /etc/system).
The default value is 240000 ms (4 minutes), so you can adjust the value.

# ndd -get /dev/tcp tcp_close_wait_interval
240000

There is good documentation on this on docs.sun.com (search for "Solaris 8
Tunable Parameters").

---
Sebastien DAUBIGNE
sdaubigne at bordeaux-bersol.sema.slb.com <mailto:sebastien.daubigne at sema.fr>