[SunHELP] Moving a SPARCCenter 2000E

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Feb 28 10:55:30 CST 2002

I have actually stumbled upon a SPARCCenter 2000E, possible for free. I
downloaded the install docs and they claim this baby weighs in at 1/2 ton or
more. I can get it on a pickup truck easilly because the datacenter has a
hydraulic loading dock. Getting it off the truck will be a bigger challenge.
I need to make the main chassis lighter by removing as many sub-assemblies
as possible.

My question is how is the SC2000E constructed. It seems to have separate
drive and board cages, but do they remove easilly (aka, rackmount style)?
Would the inter-cage cabling be a nightmare? The power supplies appear to be
easilly removed (per the PS install manual).

Any clues would be appreciated.

Oh, any hints as to how to tell the wife that the electric bill is about to
double?

James Fogg, Network Engineer
Vicinity Corporation - New Hampshire
(603) 442-1751