[SunHELP] booting a Enterprise 3500

Dale Ghent daleg at elemental.org
Wed Feb 27 15:26:23 CST 2002

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Edward Chase wrote:

| Nothing...  Just a blinking wrench (middle LED).
|
| I also just noticed the same blinking wrench on the IO card(?).  The one
| that has the serial ports and keyboard connector.

That is the clock board. The board itself could be bad. That is
conceivably why you'd see it blinking yellow, and not getting any output
on the serial port.

Since you say it's new... try reseating the board itself. Remove the
board, look at the coonectors... peer inside the chassis and see if
there's anything obviously amiss there. Then reseat it. Try it with other
boards, too.

Something couldve gotten jostled in shipping.

/dale