[SunHELP] booting a Enterprise 3500

Joe Pampel joe at ardsley.com
Wed Feb 27 09:06:42 CST 2002

I think you're right. From my own exp middle light blinking continuously with
no boot up
is indicative of a POST error. Have you been able to get the hyperterminal
session up? The
whole POST will be viewable and you may see where the problem is. If the
serial
port is not happening, I'm not sure what that means.. but it would seem bad.
I hope that's not the case.

- Joe

>>> Edward Chase <echase at postoffice.providence.edu> 02/27/02 09:47AM >>>
I'm thinking it's dead, sort of...

I've gotten a video card for it and rebooted the machine.  It's been
sitting there for well over an hour.  Still no signs of life on the monitor.

The middle LED is blinking at a faster rate than yesterday.  This would
indicate a POST error versus an OBP error, if I remember correctly...

  Edward F. Chase III     |   echase at providence.edu
  Providence College      |   http://www.providence.edu
  Computer Services       |   http://studentweb.providence.edu
  Providence, RI  02918   |