[SunHELP] sparc10 fails POST. what is wrong?

Arthur Wouk awouk at ra.nilenet.com
Sun Feb 17 12:23:44 CST 2002

>To: sunhelp at sunhelp.org
>From: bran tregare <tregare2 at attbi.com>
>Subject: Re: [SunHELP] sparc10 fails POST. what is wrong?
>
>At 03:50 PM 2/16/02 -0700, you wrote:
>>  my sparc10 went quiet a bit ago, and i am trying to diagnose what is
>>wrong.
>> >    <<< CPU_00000000 on MBus Slot_00000000 >>>
>> >     ERROR : Address = 00000000,
>> >     exp[31:00] = aaaaaaaa, obs[31:00] = aaaaaa8a, xor[31:00] =
>> 00000020Can't map device /eccmemctl at f,0
>
>Um, have you tried another CPU in that beastie?  that looks like a failure
>in the CPU module, possibly in the onboard cache?

i don't have another cpu. i have bought one off ebay and will try it.
however, the second set of tests seems to say that the mbus module is
ok - but that is suspect, since the symptoms are not  exactly those of
the table in the service manual. someone else has suggested that if i
got this far with the boot,  then the cpu is ok, since it is involved
in this much output. again, suspect since the cpu could be ok, the
cache bad as you suggest.