[SunHELP] WindowMaker & Sol8

brian bphinz at home.com
Sun Feb 17 11:50:58 CST 2002

Hi,

Is anyone here using WindowMaker under Solaris 8? I tried like hell
yesterday to get it working with no success. It configures & compiles
with no warnings or errors but then when I try running wmaker from a
failsafe login it bombs with the error message "window maker received
signal 11, this most likely due to a bug..." I can't find any similar
reports via web searches so more likely it's misconfiguration on my
part, so I'm wondering if anyone else experienced this and knows what
the solution is. FYI, I'm using all of the libraries that the Install
file either suggests or requires from the Sun Freeware companion
CD/sunfreeware web site, along with gcc 3.0 fro sunfreeware. I compiled
libHermes with no errors and the WM configure detects it. I've tried a
variety of ./configure options, including disable-shm, and the results
were the same each time. I also tried juggling the orders of my
LD_LIBRARY_PATH & PATH variables as suggested by the WM FAQ with no luck
either. Thanks for any help!

-brian