[SunHELP] SS20 CD-ROM & Ether woes

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Sat Feb 9 01:13:50 CST 2002

I have a SS20 on which the UTP ethernet port only provides link on my switch
when I boot it without a disk attached (or do a "boot net").  Any other time,
whether booting up in Solaris or Linux, I get no link indication from the
machine.

Does anyone know what would cause this and appropriate action required to
fix?  The only boot prom flag that I can find to change is the one about tpe
autosense (dunno what it's autosensing since it's a plain 10BT port, but oh
well).  I've tried setting this to true and false without any help.

Thanks,
Eric