[SunHELP] good or bad?

Paul Mitcheson pmitcheson at iee.org
Thu Feb 7 12:18:25 CST 2002

Dear All,

I don't know if this is the sort of thing you want to discuss on this
list, so please ignore if you think it is off-topic, or too heated(!)

However, If you haven't read this yet, it is worth a look.

http://www.sun.com/2002-0206/linux/

My initial thought was that in 5 years time you won't be able to buy a
decent computer, even if you are willing to pay for it, because such a
thing will not exist.  I dearly hope Sun is not going the way of
Silicon  Graphics.  How long before I can't buy a workstation?

Paul
      .---.
     /     \
     \. at -@./     Paul Mitcheson
     /`\_/`\     Control and Power Research Group
    //  _  \\    Imperial College London
   | \     )|_   mailto:pmitcheson at iee.org
  /`\_`>  <_/ \  http://www.mitcheson.demon.co.uk/paul