[SunHELP] Sparc 20 sees new hard drive but won't boot fromit

Robert Banniza RPBanniz at ascensionhealth.org
Tue Feb 5 12:33:59 CST 2002

Have you also tried a probe-scsi-all at OBP to see what it sees?

Robert Banniza
Senior UNIX Administrator
Ascension Health
Phone: 812-228-2157

>>> RMarkham at hafeleamericas.com 02/05/02 12:23PM >>>
does the disk drive show up within nvram with show-devs command?
printenv boot-device would show what is set from devalias to use
as the boot device. you can set the boot device with
setenv boot-device <insert appropriate devalias here>
you may want to customize things with nvunalias nvalias commands.

Hope this helps.