[SunHELP] Re: PRNGD problem

Assad Khan assad at assad.dynup.net
Mon Feb 4 18:17:55 CST 2002

It says nothing, I did a cat on /var/log/syslog and there is some sendmail
crap, but thats about it.

and the output when I try connecting from another machine is:
Trying 192.168.0.5...

nope, cannot ssh to 127.0.0.1 either. Same error as I posted in previous
e-mail.

the output of ps -eaf | grep sshd is nothing, i.e.
bash-2.03# ps -eaf | grep sshd
    root   500   468  0 19:14:13 pts/5    0:00 grep sshd
bash-2.03#

and the output of ls -la /var/spool/prngd is :
bash-2.03# ls -al /var/spool/prngd/
total 4
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     sys          512 Feb  4 18:40 .
drwxr-xr-x  12 root     bin          512 Feb  4 17:44 ..

And by the way, there is nothing inside the /etc/init.d/openssh.server file
either.
There seems to be nothing running. And I also rebooted after I install all
the stuff just like the PDF said.
Thanks.