[SunHELP] Need Mail Program Suggestions

Chris.Smith at txucom.com Chris.Smith at txucom.com
Sun Feb 3 16:16:12 CST 2002

You can use uuencode to encode your attachment, like this:

uuencode localfilename.bin remotefilename.bin | mail -s "Subject Line"
andrew_rotramel at cch-lis.com

Chris Smith

                    Andrew_Rotramel at c
                    ch-lis.com               To:     sunhelp at sunhelp.org
                    Sent by:                 cc:
                    sunhelp-admin at sun        Subject:     [SunHELP] Need Mail Program Suggestions
                    help.org

                    02/03/2002 11:06
                    AM
                    Please respond to
                    sunhelp

Here is my message with a subject this time.

Good morning,

Next week I have to set up an application that involves sending e-mail
messages to customers. Each message must have an attachment. I read the man
page and got sendmail configured to send mail to the outside world.
However, reading the man pages for mail and mailx, I have concluded that
they don't allow me to include attachments with messages.

If I am wrong about mail and/or mailx, please set me straight. Or if the
tasks is completed just with sendmail, please offer advice. If I am correct
about mail and/or mailx, what mail program can you folks recommend? I have
EasySpooler 6.1, which has some sort of mail option, but have not looked
too closely at it yet.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew Rotramel
SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org