[SunHELP] need help with SSH - Solaris 8

Assad Khan assad at assad.dynup.net
Fri Feb 1 17:30:39 CST 2002

Can someone please outline the process of making SSH work in Solaris 8?

I installed pkg's of OpenSSH and prngd and installed them but when I would try
to ssh into a host on my network it could give me an error that
var/spool/pengd/pool dir is not there or something, so I removed both the
packages. Now I want to try both of them ny installing from source. If anyone
who has done this guides me through this, I will not have to use telnet
anymore. Plus I just started using Solaris, but I am not new to *nix, been
using Linux/FreeBSD/OpenBSD/NetBSD for some time now.

Thanks Alot.