[SunHELP] Error compiling Apache

Joseph Bruzzo jeb at mail1.higheraccess.com
Fri Dec 6 16:07:32 CST 2002

Hi everyone,

I am getting the following error when compiling apache 1.3.26.

bash-2.05# ./configure --prefix=/opt/apache --enable-module=so
Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.26
 + using installation path layout: Apache (config.layout)
Creating Makefile
Creating Configuration.apaci in src
Creating Makefile in src
 + configured for Solaris 290 platform
 + setting C compiler to gcc
 + setting C pre-processor to gcc -E
 + checking for system header files
 + adding selected modules
 + using builtin Expat
 + checking sizeof various data types
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
** A test compilation with your Makefile configuration
** failed.  The below error output from the compilation
** test will give you an idea what is failing. Note that
** Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such as gcc.

======== Error Output for sanity check ========
cd ..; gcc  -DSOLARIS2=290 -DUSE_EXPAT -I./lib/expat-lite `./apaci`     -o
helpe
rs/dummy helpers/dummy.c   -lsocket -lnsl -lpthread
ld: fatal: file values-Xa.o: open failed: No such file or directory
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to helpers/dummy
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [dummy] Error 1
============= End of Error Report =============
 Aborting!

or

Does anyone know what package "values-Xa.0" belongs to.

Thanks hope someone can help me on this...