[SunHELP] mount :device not a block device

Simon Jespersen shj at pine.dk
Thu Dec 5 02:40:07 CST 2002

Hi

I have had a little diskusson with some of my collegs about mounting. They
try to mount directory a to directory b on the same filesystem on the same
machine, and the get the message a not a block device. My argument (but im
not shure) is that you cannot mount a directory to a another directory on
the same filesystem even though it is shared as nfs.

My question is that possible to do that. And is it usefull in some ways. We
are working on sol8.
Simon Jespersen
Project engineer
Pine Tree Systems A/S