[SunHELP] Help I've killed my Ultra 5

Richard Worwood richard at ticoc.com
Sun Dec 1 04:47:09 CST 2002

I recently upgraded the prom version on my ultra 5 to 3.31 to try and get it
to take a 120Gb EIDE drive to no avail. Unfortunately this now seems to mean
that it won't allow me to install any other OS's successfully either.

So far I've tried

Solaris 8
Solaris 9
Red Hat 6.2
Suse 7.3
and the latest Debian

so as you can imagine I'm pretty certain that it's the box rather than my
week installation skills thats at fault.

The issue is though as I don't have any kind of an os running I can't even
downgrade the prom version if I could find an older one to try.

Any help would be greatfully accepted.

Thanks in advance

Richard