[SunHELP] chroot ssh users??

Adam Mazza adam at 68e.com
Wed Aug 28 11:15:44 CDT 2002

You can do this in the passwd file. For example, if you had a user called
cuser, you could create an entry like the following:

cuser:x:105:1::/home/cuser/./:/usr/bin/tcsh

This would allow a user in, but not let them back out of their homedir.
You will need to build the chroot jail in their homedir of course. You may
also want to look into rsh(1m) to give them a restricted shell.

Adam Mazza