[SunHELP] CDE, .profile & aliases

DAUBIGNE Sebastien - BOR ( SDaubigne@bordeaux-bersol.sema.slb.com ) SDaubigne at bordeaux-bersol.sema.slb.com
Tue Aug 27 03:55:00 CDT 2002

Xterm probably launch the ksh process AFTER sourcing the .profile, so you
keep the environnement variables, but you loose the aliases.
The solution is to use the ENV variable, which points to a script (usually
~/.kshrc) that ksh will source everytime it starts.

For instance, include this in .profile :

ENV=~/.kshrc
export ENV

Then, create a ~/.kshrc file which contains all the aliases.

---
Sebastien DAUBIGNE
sdaubigne at bordeaux-bersol.sema.slb.com <mailto:sebastien.daubigne at sema.fr>
- (+33)5.57.26.56.36