[SunHELP] CDE, .profile & aliases

Adrian.Florea at alcatel.ro Adrian.Florea at alcatel.ro
Tue Aug 27 00:52:01 CDT 2002

Try to set a "kshrc" file for Korn Shell, either globally (if you need
the same settings for all users) in /etc/kshrc or localy (in each user's
home dir) in $HOME/.kshrc .

In this file you can put all aliases and other settings such as prompt and
so on.

Then, in each user profile you must set:

export ENV=$HOME/.kshrc or
export ENV=/etc/kshrc

depending on the solution you choose.

best regards,