[SunHELP] limit a users emailing via sendmail?

Edward Chase echase at studentweb.providence.edu
Fri Aug 23 11:45:29 CDT 2002

At 09:32 AM 8/23/2002 -0700, Jim Pennino wrote:
>I don't think you can do what, but the place to ask is the
>comp.mail.sendmail newsgroup.
>
>Have you concidered simply making it a condition of use, i.e. "Thou
>shall not do the following upon penalty of ..."?
>
>BTW, POP3 doesn't have anything to do with sending mail.

Yes, I am aware that POP3 doesn't have anything to do with sending
mail.  The more I think about this, it is a silly request.  I can basically
send mail out as anybody using Eudora since there is no authentication when
sending out mail.  Anyone could pretty much use any email address to send
spam from; why are they worried about the user "x" account being used for
spamming purposes...?