Subject: [SunHELP] (U//FOUO) set mtu size

Joe Pampel joe at ardsley.com
Thu Aug 1 08:41:15 CDT 2002

I don't think it's under ndd, at least I didnt' see it.
I've always used ifconfig.. but never needed to play with mtu.

How about replumbing the interface and when you set it up, punch in the
correct mtu value? Won't that hold for more than the session?

This stuff gets set up in rcS.d\S30rootuser.sh, according to rc2.d\inet. I
couldn't
cat S30rootuser for some reason. I was hoping it was a text file with some
ifconfig
commands in it.. ;-)

Just FYI the ndd settings i got on Sol 7 are below:

Interesting question.. wish I had more of an answer!

MyHost#  ndd /dev/tcp \?
?                             (read only)
tcp_time_wait_interval        (read and write)
tcp_conn_req_max_q            (read and write)
tcp_conn_req_max_q0           (read and write)
tcp_conn_req_min              (read and write)
tcp_conn_grace_period         (read and write)
tcp_cwnd_max                  (read and write)
tcp_debug                     (read and write)
tcp_smallest_nonpriv_port     (read and write)
tcp_ip_abort_cinterval        (read and write)
tcp_ip_abort_linterval        (read and write)
tcp_ip_abort_interval         (read and write)
tcp_ip_notify_cinterval       (read and write)
tcp_ip_notify_interval        (read and write)
tcp_ip_ttl                    (read and write)
tcp_keepalive_interval        (read and write)
tcp_maxpsz_multiplier         (read and write)
tcp_mss_def                   (read and write)
tcp_mss_max                   (read and write)
tcp_mss_min                   (read and write)
tcp_naglim_def                (read and write)
tcp_rexmit_interval_initial   (read and write)
tcp_rexmit_interval_max       (read and write)
tcp_rexmit_interval_min       (read and write)
tcp_wroff_xtra                (read and write)
tcp_deferred_ack_interval     (read and write)
tcp_snd_lowat_fraction        (read and write)
tcp_sth_rcv_hiwat             (read and write)
tcp_sth_rcv_lowat             (read and write)
tcp_dupack_fast_retransmit    (read and write)
tcp_ignore_path_mtu           (read and write)
tcp_rcv_push_wait             (read and write)
tcp_smallest_anon_port        (read and write)
tcp_largest_anon_port         (read and write)
tcp_xmit_hiwat                (read and write)
tcp_xmit_lowat                (read and write)
tcp_recv_hiwat                (read and write)
tcp_recv_hiwat_minmss         (read and write)
tcp_fin_wait_2_flush_interval (read and write)
tcp_co_min                    (read and write)
tcp_max_buf                   (read and write)
tcp_zero_win_probesize        (read and write)
tcp_strong_iss                (read and write)
tcp_rtt_updates               (read and write)
tcp_wscale_always             (read and write)
tcp_tstamp_always             (read and write)
tcp_tstamp_if_wscale          (read and write)
tcp_rexmit_interval_extra     (read and write)
tcp_deferred_acks_max         (read and write)
tcp_slow_start_after_idle     (read and write)
tcp_slow_start_initial        (read and write)
tcp_co_timer_interval         (read and write)
tcp_sack_permitted            (read and write)
tcp_trace                     (read and write)
tcp_extra_priv_ports          (read only)
tcp_extra_priv_ports_add      (write only)
tcp_extra_priv_ports_del      (write only)
tcp_status                    (read only)
tcp_bind_hash                 (read only)
tcp_listen_hash               (read only)
tcp_conn_hash                 (read only)
tcp_acceptor_hash             (read only)
tcp_host_param                (read and write)
tcp_1948_phrase               (write only)
tcp_close_wait_interval(obsoleted- use tcp_time_wait_interval) (no read or
write)

>>> "LLamas-Higueras, Javier" <jllamas at ssa.siemens.es> 08/01/02 08:22AM >>>
Hi Keith
If I am not wrong this can be changed with ' ndd'  command. Try a man ' ndd
'

SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com