[SunHELP] Fatal server error: InitOutput: Error loading module for /dev/fb

rmolugurk at yahoo.com rmolugurk at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 1 07:53:59 CDT 2002

Hi,

 I have a E220R. Yesterday, due to power-breakdown,
the machine went down abruptly. Our UPS could manage
for only few mins. So, normal shutdown was not done
manually.

Once the power came up, we have this problem with the
machine- It is unable to start XServer. However, we
can login, run applications such as oracle db, etc.

here is the log while booting up.

-------------- BOOTING UP LOG ---------------------

/dev/fb: No such file or directory
Graphics Adapter device /dev/fb is of unknown type

Fatal server error:
InitOutput: Error loading module for /dev/fb

giving up.
/usr/openwin/bin/xinit:  Connection refused (errno
146):  unable to connect to X
 server
/usr/openwin/bin/xinit:  No such process (errno 3):
Server error.

Starting mdlogd ...

  /etc/opt/SUNWmd/mdlogd.cf: no configuration
information
The system is ready.