[SunHELP] Too many files open ?

Nicholas Dronen sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Oct 31 09:08:55 CST 2001

Michael:

Well, EMFILE ("Too many open files") is symptomattic of reaching
a per-process limitation, not a system-wide limitation, so I suspect
maxusers or maxuproc won't help.  I'm not familiar with max_nprocs.
If it's a system-wide limitation, it might not help either.

Given the behavior you describe, the only thing I can say is
to force a dump and send it to Sun if the freeze/lock up
happens again.  I know that's not very reassuring advice.

Regards,

Nicholas