[SunHELP] Removing Sun Banner when Telnetting

Sean Holden sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 22 12:56:21 CDT 2001

The file isnt there by default. Check the man page for in.telnetd. The
motd is displayed after you login. The banner is displayed to anyone
who connects to the system via telnet. It is probably a good idea to
disable the banner if you must use telnet, but any script kid with nmap
can still determine your os and version. The safest thing is to disable
telnet and use ssh wherever possible.

Sean