[SunHELP] Sun E450

Chip Nielsen sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Oct 18 10:47:21 CDT 2001

Hello Sun Gurus,

I've got a problem that I need some assistance with. I have
the following hardware:

Sun E450
Sun StorEdge PCI FC-100
Spectralogic Gator 12000

I'm attempting to get all of these devices working in harmony.
Unfortunately,
I haven't been able to get anywhere. Initially, the Sun was running Solaris
7
and the FC-100 card did not work properly. So, I did a fresh install of
Solaris 8,
installed the IFP driver that came with the card, and also installed the
most
recent ifp patch.

When I run ifp test, I get the following message:

# ./ifptest
SUNWvts.ifptest.mbox_loopback_test.8001 10/18/01 08:45:15 AM ifptest
/devices/pci at 4,2000/SUNW,ifp at 1:devctl FATAL: "IOCTL call failed: Invalid
argument." Probable_Cause(s): <wrong/missing IFP driver> <system software>
Recommended_Actions: <Reload correct revision driver> <if the problem
persists, contact authorized Sun service provider>
#

Here is the modinfo:

81 102dfa5a  2a8d6  10   1  ifp (ISP2100 FCAL HBA 1.31 (TM supp))

Also, the Sun is recognizing the device. From the openboot prompt, show-devs
shows the ifp device.. I am unable to do a "select select" on the device. It
says
"Can't open device."

Anyone on this list had a similar issue? Any help (general or specific)
would be appreciated. I am by no means a Sun genius.

Thank you.

---
Chip Nielsen
chipn at intraworxonline.com