[SunHELP] Disk Layout Issues...

Fred Dikeman sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 16 07:25:07 CDT 2001

--------------EC14C1E5930384228CBD0913

Hi David,
We've been putting 40Gb disks in Ultra 5 & 10's on a regular basis for the
last two years without a problem.  Just stay away from Western Digital
drives. They work but they're a pain.

Fred Dikeman
Data Instruments, Inc

David Goldsobel wrote:

> Is it possible to put in a drive bigger than 20GB? According to the
> folks at Sun my ultra 10 can only handle drives up to 20 GB? I would
> love to know because I wanted to put up an FTP server and need more
> storage.
> Sorry to answer your question with a question
> David

begin:vcard
n:Dikeman;Fred
tel;work:800-466-1144 or 770-919-2400
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.workstation.net
org:Data Instruments, Inc
adr:;;869 Pickens Industrial Dr., Ste 7;Marietta;GA;30062;
version:2.1
email;internet:fred at workstation.net
x-mozilla-cpt:;-8432
fn:Fred Dikeman