[SunHELP] NTP server issue

Will Mc Donald sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Oct 4 14:50:38 CDT 2001

I take it the NTP daemon is actually running? What does...

# ntpq -p

... return? Are you getting anything in any logs that might point you in the
right direction? Is there an appropriate entry in /etc/services ? Is the
machine running any sort of firewall? Or could hosts.allow/deny be blocking
it?

Just some initial thoughts. I haven't got round to setting up NTP so
apologies if this is obvious stuff you've already checked. :)

Will.