[SunHELP] Accessing Sun system thro' a Console Port Server

ES Srinivas sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 1 06:44:52 CDT 2001

Hi All=0D=0A   We have E-450,E250 systems working fine and now am supposed =
to connect the systems to a Lantronix Console Port Server,the model is ETS8=
P(Lantronix).I have connected the serial interface of the machines to the p=
orts of the console server.I have also configured the Console Server(Lantro=
nix)with an IPaddress and the set the baud rate,stop bit,flow etc for those=
 particular ports of the Console server where the Sun systems are connected=
.I have checked through the admin tool whether the serial interface is enab=
led or not,in this case enabled=0D=0A   Am unable to access the the Sun sys=
tems when I try to connect,I used telnet 10.150.50.25 2008,where 10.150.50.=
25 is the IPaddress of the Console Server(Lantronix)and 2008 is the port on=
 which the Sun system is connected.Neither am I able to access the port loc=
ally from the Console Server.=0D=0A   How should I make this work?Can some =
please help me out so that I can access the my Sun Systems via the Console =
server.Or else point me to an URL where in I can have the required informat=
ion.=0D=0A=0D=0AThanks in Advance=0D=0ASrinivas.E.S. =0A