[SunHELP] configuring 2 nic on one system

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 1 02:54:03 CDT 2001

1. Create a new file by name /etc/hostname.elx0
2. Enter the ip-address or hostname in the file  created above
3. Append the /etc/hosts file with the corresponding hostname/ip-address of
the new card.
4. Reboot the box and hopefully everything will be fine .

                    peter at ashlyn.co        To:     sunhelp at sunhelp.org
                    .uk                    cc:
                    Sent by:               Subject:     RE: [SunHELP] configuring 2 nic on one system
                    sunhelp-admin at s
                    unhelp.org

                    01/10/01 08:12
                    Please respond
                    to sunhelp

Hi

Not sure about x86 version of Solaris, but in Sparc version you would have

ifconfig <interface> plumb

to bring it into the system even if it had seen it during boot up.

Peter
Peter Stokes
Ashlyn Computer Services Ltd
Tel: +44 (0)1636-627900