[SunHELP] IDE RAID?

Shawn Wallbridge sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Nov 30 14:44:05 CST 2001

The Promise cards SUCK!!!!

I have half a dozen 3ware IDE RAID cards and they are great. We have ~3TB on
3Ware cards and I have NEVER had a problem. I am running both Win2K and
Linux on them.

The Promise cards do RAID in the drivers, so they are more Software than
Hardware RAID (they do have a new line out that is true hardware raid). The
3Ware cards and the higher end Adaptec cards do real Hardware RAID. Their is
a big difference.

shawn