[SunHELP] Routing problem

Ben Ricker sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 19 11:50:52 CST 2001

I think I see the problem: there is no default route for 0.0.0.0 out the
gateway. Here is what the netstat -rn looks like:

bash-2.03# netstat -rn

Routing Table: IPv4
  Destination           Gateway           Flags  Ref   Use   Interface
-------------------- -------------------- ----- ----- ------ ---------
10.2.66.200          10.1.2.254            UGH      1      5
10.2.67.44           10.1.2.254            UGH      1    176
10.0.0.0             10.1.2.3              U        1  11259  hme0
10.0.0.0             10.1.2.103            U        1      0  hme1
224.0.0.0            10.1.2.103            U        1      0  hme1
default              10.1.2.254            UG       1   9408
127.0.0.1            127.0.0.1             UH       1      0  lo0

You can see the two top routes setup to go out the default gateway. The
10.0.0.0 should cover the 10.2.X.X network, but that is not setup with
the default gateway? I thought by "default" it means that all requests
will go through that gateway. It seems to be viewing the host as the
router? But why does 'defaultrouter' not override this? Or do I need to
reread the TCP/IP manual? *grin*

Ben Ricker
System Administrator
Wellinx.com