[SunHELP] External SCSI Drive

Moreau Nicole M NPRI sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 15 15:35:24 CST 2001

Greetings all -
	I have a Sun Blade 1000 running Solaris 8 that I need to buy an external SCSI drive for.  This drive will be sent back and forth to another location and will be used on another Solaris Machine of some sort on the other end.  I have a few questions that hopefully you can all answer:
1. Is there a non Sun drive I could buy, the least expensive one I could spec out cost 4k.  This is a lot more than I anticipated on spending
2. Assuming there is some kind of external HD, how do I make sure the same drive can be used on both systems (do they require the same OS)?
3. How do I mount them (reboot -F type of thing)?

Anything information on how to accomplish this task would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Nicole
--
Nicole M. Moreau