[SunHELP] default windowmanager, framebuffer console, server installation

Kohler Benjamin sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 13 07:48:27 CST 2001

Hello,
Iam new in solaris (from linux and *Bsd). I have a couple of questions. I
hope that you can help me with it.
1. How can I change the default windowmanager (from CDE to Afterstep)?
2. How can I activate framebuffer console? (bigger resolution)
3. I see that in die Solaris world the most sysadmins install x-window on
server. What is the background of this?
4. How can i activate more consoles? (changing with Alt + F1, Alt + F2 ....)

thanks
Benjamin Kohler
Benjamin Kohler / benjamin.kohler at vpbank.com
Information Technology / Network + Systems Engineering
Verwaltungs- und Privat-Bank AG / http://www.vpbank.com
- GNU GPL: "The source will be with you... always." -