[SunHELP] Re: Advice requested on UltraSPARC-III reboot problem

Kent Fitch sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 8 16:14:55 CST 2001

Thanks to all the responders, for the advice on
running "prtdiag -v" (it produced a very informative
report, but showed no errors, so maybe too long after
the incident to run it, but well worth knowing about)
and the known seating problems.

We'd already contacted Sun and the machine is under warranty
and a support contract, but they claim that from the information
in the log and Explorer diagnosstics that they cannot diagnose
the problem and want us to wait for it to happen again (which
will be a 4th time), so I guess we will and hope we don't
inconvenience our users too much.

If it does turn out to be a well known problem related
to either simple seating or faulty components, I think
we'll be a bit cranky!

Kent Fitch
AustLit gateway project http://www.austlit.edu.au