[SunHELP] VGA Card, Term Server, and Console Port Question(s)

Peter Stokes sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed May 23 10:05:29 CDT 2001

Hi Ann

In order to have ttya as the true console simply leave the keyboard out of
the back of the systems even if you leave the graphics cards in this will
default to ttya and give you full console control.

Instead of being able to use stop-A, you simply use break on your terminal.
This is a problem with a terminal server I guess. On most sites I have been
on they use a simple switch box for the terminal.

In your case for remote access/control you will have to rely on the shutdown
to get to the ok prompt or work out how you can get the term server to send
a break signal.

Peter