[SunHELP] help! SUNWmdr - metadb and Solaris 2.8 April 2001 f ailing!

Foong, Tzeweng sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed May 23 03:35:01 CDT 2001

Hello Dale
Thanks for the reply.

I tried running devfsadm as you suggested. However it did not to work.
it still came up with the error message as before.

  metadb:hostname.domainname.com: /dev/md/admin: No such file or directory.

sigh...
We are running in the jumpstart environment ie off the miniroot and the
system
being installed is in the /a directory.

Note that these scripts work fine using the March_2000 release of Solaris 8
!!!
the problem seems to be related to the Solaris 8 April 2001 release.

We are installing using DiskSuite 4.2.1 that comes with the Solaris 8 April
2001
release CDs.

If there are any more ideas I will be keen to hear from anyone !!

Thanks
Tze Weng Foong